⚽ Euro 2021: Football is coming home
Blink and Euro 2021 will be right around the corner with the rescheduled European Championships staged across 12 cities, featuring 24 of the continent’s finest teams, from June 11th to July 12th next year.
🏟 UEFA Nations League: A competitive dress rehearsal
Instead of friendly fixtures scattered all around the world, there will be a host of blue-chip UEFA Nations League matches staged between September and November. The revamped format has already raised the bar of international football during breaks in the frenetic club football schedule.
The national associations were unanimous in their belief that the Nations League would foster a more competitive sporting environment, and in some instances, more attractive football. France’s 4-2 win over Croatia, a carbon copy of the final result in 2018’s World Cup final, is a great example. With Switzerland holding Germany and Denmark keeping a recently rampant England at bay, the gap at the top is definitely closing.
Despite the fact that Euro 2021 is more than eight months away, there is already a genuine buzz around the tournament. The best things are worth waiting for.
🔮 Key EURO 2021 info
- 11 June – 11 July 2021
- Staged in Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome & St. Petersburg
- Two semifinals and the final hosted at London’s Wembley Stadium
- 20/24 teams have already booked their place at the finals with playoffs scheduled for October and November
Download the match schedule here.
Regardless of which teams are playing in the latter stages of Euro 2021, Khaya has secured rooms in prime locations on the doorstep of stadiums or with super easy and convenient metro access.
🌆 London calling
England’s capital city will play host to seven European Championship fixtures including the semi-finals and showpiece final. Khaya has secured prime accommodation at the Hilton Wembley, the hottest ticket in town come July 2021.
🔑 Hilton Wembley key info
The Hilton is a charming four-star property directly opposite Wembley, the self-proclaimed home of football.
- 🚅 The Hilton is just 750m from the Wembley tube station which sees you to central London in 12 minutes
- 🏊 Facilities include a 24-hour fitness centre and an indoor pool with a sauna and steam room
- 🥘 The Hilton Wembley boasts three restaurants
- 🍻 Icons Bar, Grill & Terrace – the perfect place to meet with friends and colleagues for a bite to eat or a post-game drink
- 🍸 Sky Bar 9 offers views of Wembley Park from its stylish rooftop bar
- 🍲 The Association Restaurant offers modern European dining with a seasonal menu
To book this spectacular property or to find out more about our accommodation options in other host cities, contact the Khaya Global Sales team.